The owner of a rental property trashed by more than 50 youths was forced to watch the teenagers run riot after police told her it was too dangerous to enter her own home.
Property owner Kelly saw the teenagers smashing up her Melbourne home on security cameras shortly after 9pm on Saturday.
She had been led to believe five people would be staying at the Footscray property.
Extensive damage was caused during a violent, out of control party crashed by dozens of African youths.
“They were spitting on her car and then I was checking something and the African boys said ‘Hey b****, f*** you,” neighbour Naz Baliker recalled.
“Almost every door handle has been broken off. Every picture has been ripped off the walls. TVs were both stolen,” Kelly said.
Despite racing to the house after seeing the damage, police told her there was nothing she could do.
“Unfortunately police felt that it wasn’t safe for us to enter the property,” she recalled.
“They felt that under these conditions they didn’t have any right to enter the property.”
The property was booked online at the last minute through website Booking.com with the girl who made the reservation saying she was visiting from Adelaide with five friends.
It has now been discovered a fake credit card was used to make the payment of $600 per night while no bond was secured.
“She had answers for everything so i didn’t have any reason to be concerned. It was terrifying. there’s no other way of saying it,” Kelly said.
- Crocodile attack survivor recalls tragedy that killed best friend
- Driver fined almost $500 for watching a movie at traffic lights
- Can you spot the snake hiding in this room?
A 19-year-old man was arrested and fined for drunken behaviour but no one has been held to account for vandalising the rental or threatening the neighbours.
“It was scary. really scary. I don’t want them to rent it out that way,” Ms Baliker said.
No charges have been laid over either incident.