Award-winning filmmaker Damon Gameau helps us look towards a brighter future. Source: Regenerating Australia
- We leave you with a look back at the highlights of a remarkable decade that has changed Australia forever.
- The 2020s began in extraordinary fashion.
- Work more [? regionally. ?]
- More work, more opportunity.
- Solar and batteries would be ideal.
- [INAUDIBLE] be the sustainable society.
- Today marks the first time that Australia has run on 90% renewable energy for an entire month.
- That makes me feel really, really happy.
- The government today announced it will follow the lead of other countries and live stream key policy discussions.
- I think it's good. We need transparency.
- Australians are now seeking out Australian made and owned products. The ripple effect is that we are now seeing healthy farmers.
- There's nothing like endangered animals in a landscape that's coming back to life to give all Australians a real heartbeat.
- We can deal better with the world when we're connected to nature.
- It's been amazing to see the change that's happened from the closure of the power stations to the renewable energy zones. The young people are starting to stay and find work.
- This family, right now, are earning cash because their electricity service provider are paying them to use the battery in this [INAUDIBLE] as storage for the grid.
- In a decade full of transition and tragedy, many Australians are finding renewed purpose in the regeneration of our social and ecosystems. Australians are starting to feel more secure.
- This is a landmark day for our country.
- A day like this means that all of this work has actually meant something.
- Respect is back. And now pride is back. Respecting the environment. From that gives us the strength to look to a brighter future.
- If not me, who? If not now, when do we do it? And it's never too late to stand up and take action together.