CHAOS IN THE NATIONALS
* Deputy leader Bridget McKenzie was forced to quit after a scandal.
* Queensland senator Matt Canavan quit cabinet to support Barnaby Joyce.
* Queensland MP Llew O'Brien moved the spill motion against McCormack, with Joyce seconding it.
* Michael McCormack survived a leadership challenge last week, defeating Joyce.
* David Littleproud replaced McKenzie.
* McCormack gave promotions to Keith Pitt, Darren Chester, Mark Coulton and Andrew Gee in a ministerial reshuffle.
* Canavan was not returned to the ministry.
* Joyce told Prime Minister Scott Morrison that McCormack rewarding only his supporters was "foolish" and left the government in a precarious position.
* Joyce denied reports his rebel group would cross the floor to vote against government legislation.
* O'Brien quit the Nationals party room but remains as a government MP, attending coalition joint partyroom meetings.