Two dozen teenagers have been hospitalised after inhaling gas from a science experiment at a school in Queensland's Darling Downs region.

The students at Millmerran State School started to feel ill around 10am on Friday after being affected by the gas leaking from a science experiment.

Paramedics say the 24 teenagers were taken to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition for observation and most were back at the school around noon.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services tested the air and said there were no chemicals detected.


Latest From 7News