News

The fire damage inside the home.
The fire damage inside the home.

A woman and her two children have escaped a fire sparked by a kite flyer who accidentally pulled powerlines onto an Adelaide house.

The person was flying the kite in a park at Largs North on Tuesday evening when it became entangled in powerlines, says the Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS).

The person tried to pull the kite out of the powerlines, causing them to touch together, break and drop onto the house below.

"The incident caused power to the house to blow and the kitchen and lean-to to catch on fire," the MFS spokesperson said.

A woman and her two children escaped unharmed and firefighters saved the house by containing the fire to the kitchen and lean-to.

Fire and electrical damage to the property is estimated at $60,000.

MOST VIEWED VIDEOS

Recommended Videos

Compare & Save

Most Viewed Videos

Our Picks

Latest

Follow Us

Compare & Save

Partners