An eight-year-old boy has become the third person confirmed to have coronavirus in Queensland.
Queensland Health on Tuesday night said the young Chinese national from Wuhan was a member of the tour group travelling with a 44-year-old man and 42-year-old woman diagnosed with the virus last week.
All three are from Hubei province which is at the epicentre of the coronavirus in China.
The child is in a stable condition in isolation at Gold Coast University Hospital with the man and woman.
Of 13 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Australia so far, three have now been diagnosed in Queensland.
Meanwhile, Health Minister Steven Miles is rushing new laws through parliament to extend his existing health emergency order from one week to three months.
"In order to fight the coronavirus and to keep Queenslanders safe, we need to be able to issue those public health emergency orders for longer periods," Mr Miles said.
The move will give health officers more time to require the quarantine or isolation of suspected coronavirus cases and force people to undergo medical checks and tests.
"This is a new virus and we are doing everything we can to stop its spread," Mr Miles told parliament.
"We need to do everything we can to keep it that way."
Under the laws, people can be formally required to stay at a certain location such as their home and ordered to stay away from other locations such as schools.
The bill will be introduced into state parliament on Tuesday, the first sitting day of 2020.
Mr Miles wants it to pass parliament by Thursday. It would remain in place for 12 months and apply solely to the novel coronavirus.
Dr Jeanette Young, the state's Chief Health Officer, is urging anyone who has returned from mainland China in the past 14 weeks and who feels unwell to seek medical help immediately.
"This is for the safety of those individuals," she said.
"It's a very early stage of the development of this outbreak, so we don't fully understand what it means to people, so we really want to test people very early."
She said she was concerned federal government officials hadn't handed over all of its data relating to passengers who had flown from mainland China.
More than 400 people have been assessed for coronavirus since screening started at Brisbane International Airport on Sunday.
Meanwhile, a Sunshine Coast doctor is leading a team of medical experts treating hundreds of Australians evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan to Christmas Island on Monday.
Doctor Daniel Holmes is steering the team providing treatment while the group sits out 14 days of quarantine.