Queensland's energy minister has described this week's unplanned shutdown at a major coal power station as "unfortunate", as the opposition calls for an independent probe into the failure.
All four units at the Callide power station, near Biloela, were knocked out on Friday following a series of accidents and equipment failures at the plant.
The plant, which can generate up to 1540MW of electricity - roughly 30 per cent of the state's overnight demand - is expected to be partially fixed by Wednesday, restoring half its output.
On Sunday, Energy Minister Mick de Brenni said engineers were at Callide working to get it fully back up and running as soon as possible after Friday's "unfortunate" shutdown.
Despite the issues at Callide, Mr de Brenni said Queensland's power supply remained adequate, with demand across the system sitting at 4000MW from an available supply of 9500MW.
"We have a strong, publicly owned, resilient system," he told reporters on the Sunshine Coast.
"Our message is that we have adequate supply and that's because we've kept the energy system in public ownership."
Callide is made up of two plants, Callide B and C, each with two generating units. Public firm CS Energy owns and operates Callide B and runs Callide C in a joint venture with Intergen.
Prior to this week's debilitating issues, the plant was hit by a catastrophic explosion in May 2021 that knocked out about 10 per cent of the state's power capacity and affected about 477,000 customers.
The LNP opposition is calling for an independent probe into whether maintenance issues have contributed to problems at Callide.
"These concerns have been reinforced by the union, which has raised issues with maintenance and safety," opposition energy spokesman Pat Weir said in a statement on Sunday.
"If generators fail, there is no doubt that it will impact supply and prices if there's a heatwave over summer.
"A full independent investigation must be held to give Queenslanders the answers and confidence they need that their lights will stay on and their bills won't skyrocket."
Mr de Brenni dismissed the idea of an independent probe, saying a Workplace Health and Safety Queensland investigation was already under way.
"'Im advised that all of the regulatory obligations and the good engineering practice obligations are always met on all of our energy system," he said.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has previously said Queenslanders do not need to worry power supply in the state.
Mr de Brenni is due to brief cabinet on the situation on Monday.