Queensland has recorded no new cases of locally acquired COVID-19 as desperate tourism operators celebrated a "bumper" Easter weekend.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles said the four new cases are all international arrivals in hotel quarantine.
"That means there is no further community transmission which is fantastic news," Mr Miles said.
"It underlines how it is better to have to lockdown for three days than for three months."
The state recorded four positive infection cases in hotel quarantine from travellers returning from Papua New Guinea, two from Lebanon and one from India.
There are currently 75 active cases in the state, with health restrictions to remain in place the next fortnight.
They include wearing a mask indoors in public, a 30-person limit on private gatherings and restrictions on visits to hospitals, prisons and aged care and disability facilities.
People have been urged to continue checking the Queensland Health COVID-19 website for updates on contact sites, after a historical case was identified as a nurse that contracted the virus from a man who arrived from Europe last month.
The traveller - who became a patient at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane - has now been labelled the superspreader who sparked the latest Queensland outbreak.
Despite outbreak fears, Queensland celebrated an Easter tourism surge, Mr Miles said.
"On a positive note, it has been a bumper weekend for our tourism operators," he said.
"About 75,000 people flew into Cairns ... largely from ... Sydney and Melbourne, and lots and lots of full flights arrived on Thursday and Friday."
Hotel occupancy surged to a welcome 90 per cent in some areas.
"On the Sunshine and Gold Coast, it was also very busy with Gold Coast Airport having its busiest day for arrivals on Thursday," Mr Miles said.
"So it's wonderful that Queenslanders and southerners have supported our tourism regions."