Queensland Health Minister Cameron Dick has promised to make public a report on the abuse suffered by young women who were committed to Wolston Park Mental Hospital.
Between 50 and 60 women were sexually assaulted as young girls at the Brisbane centre from the 1950s to the 1980s.
Since then, survivors have fought to be recognised and receive compensation for their abuse while in public care.
At budget estimates hearings on Wednesday, Mr Dick said he'll release as much of the report as possible, while also respecting the privacy of women who do not want their details made public.
"In as far as we can, we will make it public, in consultation with the women involved," Mr Dick said.
"There may be personal matters raised in the report they don't wish to be made public. We will respect that."
Mr Dick extracted an assurance from Opposition health spokesman John-Paul Langbroek that the LNP wouldn't criticise the government for redacting parts of the report for privacy reasons.
The LNP has attacked the government for redacting large tracts of previous reports - notably a recent report on youth detention.
The Wolston report is expected to be finalised shortly.
Eight women are understood to have taken part in the process.