Youth justice and hate crime laws will be among the first introduced to the Queensland parliament in 2023 as the premier rules out an earlier-than-scheduled return.
The priorities come after a series of high-profile incidents beginning with the stabbing death of mother-of-two Emma Lovell during an alleged home invasion late last year.
Separately, a teenage boy was charged with murder on Sunday after a man was allegedly stabbed to death on a Brisbane street.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced a series of new crime-fighting measures after Ms Lovell's death and told reporters on Monday it was unacceptable for people to lose their lives in "such tragic and horrific circumstances".
"We've seen another tragedy over the weekend and I pass on my sympathies to the family," she said.
"We are absolutely resolved that the reforms that we announced will take priority and will be implemented."
The plan includes longer prison terms for car thieves, increased penalties for those who boast about crime on social media and judges will have to take the histories of child offenders into account when deciding on bail applications.
Opposition leader David Crisafulli says there is a youth crime crisis in the state.
"This is what people are talking about and when you tell Queenslanders we aren't going back to parliament for another month, they just shake their head," he said on Monday.
"It is just absurd."
The government also plans to introduce new laws in March to increase hate crime penalties.
"We have already taken steps to work towards introducing new laws to make it a criminal offence to display hate symbols to invoke fear in others," Attorney-General Shannon Fentiman said in a statement on Monday.
"This government is committed to a Queensland that is harmonious, fair and inclusive, not one where individuals or groups are vilified based on their race, religion, language, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation or gender."
Ms Fentiman's comments follow raids by Queensland police that uncovered racist and neo-Nazi banners after offensive imagery was displayed across southeast Queensland.
Three men, aged 20, 21 and 42, face charges including wilful damage and possession of restricted items.