- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Victorian Premier Dan Andrews has condemned Melbourne socialite Nadia Bartel's alleged lockdown breach saying it's "no different" to the illegal engagement party held in August, which resulted in almost $22,000 worth of fines.
Footage of the 36-year-old snorting what appears to be white powder at a house party was posted online during an accidental livestream on Thursday evening.
"This is information – this video – is no different to the engagement party," Mr Andrews said on Sunday.
"It's out there in the public domain, and it would be my anticipation that every single person at that house would be getting a five-and-a-half thousand dollar fine."
Mr Andrews said he expected the matter would be treated the same way as the engagement party held last month, which saw fines of $5452 issued to each of the parents of the bride-to-be and two to the engaged couple, totalling $21,808.
"We had a video of people doing the wrong thing," he said, adding: "No visits mean no visits."
"This is everybody's business and people should be treated equally, that would be my absolute expectation. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair."
Nadia Bartel 'embarrassed and remorseful'
Ms Bartel, who was used to be married to AFL player Jimmy Bartel, apologised for the incident on Friday evening.
“I take full responsibility and I am committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure I make better choices in future,” she wrote in an Instagram post.
“To my family and friends, my business partners and the public health workers trying to keep us all safe, I am embarrassed and remorseful.
“I am truly and deeply sorry. I hope I can earn your forgiveness and, in time, your trust.”
The influencer was dropped as a promoter for a vitamins brand, according to 7News, after they issued a statement saying they were no longer working with “an individual who has endorsed our products”.
“JSHealth fundamentally supports all public health orders in place to keep us safe in this hugely difficult time for so many," the brand said in a statement.
“We do not tolerate illicit behaviour.
“Please know we have taken immediate action and will no longer be working with this individual – or anyone who does not align with our values.”
Victorian minister 'frustrated' by rule-flouting
Industry Support and Recovery Minister Martin Pakula was asked during Saturday's press conference if he was frustrated by “such high-profile people flouting the rules”.
“When anyone flouts the rules it is more dangerous for the entire community and more likely that these sorts of restrictions will be in place for longer,” Mr Pakula said.
“Obviously when it’s someone with a profile… it’s more publicised and it makes it clear that sort of conduct is not acceptable.
"But it serves as a warning to all of us that the more of that sort of occurrence takes place, the harder it is for us to drive case numbers down."
No fines issued yet over Nadia Bartel video
Victoria Police have confirmed investigations are underway. No fines have been issued and no charges have been laid over the video yet.
“Victoria Police is aware of a video currently on social media depicting a gathering of people and alleged illicit drug use,” a spokesperson said.
Victoria Police told the Herald Sun on Saturday they were aware of the video depicting “alleged illegal drug use and an alleged breach of CHO directions”.
“Victoria Police has made contact with a 36-year-old Windsor woman who is assisting with inquiries,” they said in a statement.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com