Pregnant Woolworths shopper makes horrifying discovery in lunch

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·2-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

A pregnant Woolworths shopper claims she made a horrifying discovery while eating a microwave ready meal she picked up from the supermarket.

The woman, who is 27 weeks pregnant, said she was enjoying the butter chicken for lunch when she suddenly noticed a nauseating detail.

“It’s full of raw chicken!” she complained on Woolworths' Facebook page.

The shopper said she called the store where she purchased the meal from in Bairnsdale, Victoria, but no one was picking up.

The raw chicken in the pregnant Woolworths shopper's lunch.
The Woolworths shopper says she found raw chicken in her microwave ready meal. Source: Facebook

“They keep hanging up on me and now won’t answer the phone at all!” she wrote alongside two photos showing the meal’s packaging and what appears to be a piece of raw chicken on her fork.

A Woolworths spokesperson quickly responded to the woman’s complaint, thanking her for bringing it to their attention.

“We're sorry to see this. We are devoted to providing products that are of the highest standards so we share your concern in this matter,” they said, asking for the product’s expiry date and batch details.

“This will be escalated to our products team so they are aware and can investigate the issue.”

The spokesperson also offered a full refund and replacement.

Shoppers are seen leaving a Woolworths supermarket in Sydney.
A Woolworths spokesperson said the supermarket chain is 'disappointed to receive this customer’s report'. Source: AAP

“Aw that’s nice for saying I’ll get a refund. But what happens when I end up in hospital with food poisoning?!” the Woolies shopper retorted.

“As being pregnant with diabetes this is life-threatening for my baby,” she claimed.

The supermarket spokesperson urged the soon-to-be mum to alert them if she does seek medical attention and offered a $50 eGift card “as a goodwill gesture due”.

The woman later added that she visited her midwife for a check-up.

Woolworths 'disappointed to receive customer's report'

A Woolworths spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia the supermarket chain “takes food safety and quality very seriously and are disappointed to receive this customer’s report”.

“We’ve passed this onto our supply partner to look into it further and provided the customer with a gift card.

“We haven’t received any other reports on products of a similar nature at this time.”

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting