Poole Travelodge evacuated after solar panel fire

Hotel customers had to be evacuated after a fire involving solar panels broke out on the roof.

Firefighters were called to the Travelodge in Waterloo Road, Poole, on Sunday at 14:24 GMT.

Dorset fire service said the blaze was found in a junction of some solar panels and was extinguished using foam.

People were advised to avoid the area during the incident. The fire service said "no issues were found" after a reinspection later in the evening.


Follow BBC South on Facebook, X, or Instagram. Send your story ideas to south.newsonline@bbc.co.uk or via WhatsApp on 0808 100 2240.