Perth man electrocuted after touching shower taps

Shockwaves were sent pulsating through the body of a man on Thursday morning when he reached to turn on his shower tap.

The 20-year-old Perth man yelled for his mother, who found him collapsed on the ground after receiving what he believed was a potentially deadly electric shock, 7 News reported.

The worried mother rushed to turn the power off to the home, which is owned by the housing department.

The worried mother rushed to turn the power off to the home, which was owned by the housing department. Source: 7News

“He said, ‘Mum I got a shock from the shower, it zapped me mum, it nearly killed me,” the woman told 7 News.

Western Power, the company responsible for providing the family with electricity, shut off power to the home a short time later.

A shock from an outside garden hose tap from another housing department home in Perth sent 11-year-old Denisha Woods to hospital in March last year, leaving her with a serious brain injury.

The 20-year-old man (centre) received a shock after touching the taps. Source: 7News

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, download the Yahoo News app from iTunes or Google Play and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.