When BT Business was officially launched in April this year, Bas Burger was the man entrusted to take the reigns. He’s in charge of 24,000 people, and a multi-billion pound strategy to make the UK’s broadband infrastructure fit for the future.
In this episode we talk about:
· Why BT Business had to be created and why he wanted the top job
· Why a CEO should “ask questions and not give answers for as long as you can”
· The challenges it faces to make the UK prepared for the AI revolution
· Why every company’s a digital company and what that means for technology demand
· How Canadian ice hockey legend Wayne Gretsky’s influenced his strategy
· The importance of knowing “what’s not going to happen” in the future
· Why the UK’s “arguably” fallen behind Europe in digital communication
· How he was first made a CEO at the age of 31, and how fast he had to learn
· Why as a student he spent all his money on a plane trip from the Netherlands to the UK to get his first ever job
Listen above, or wherever you stream your podcasts.