One person hurt in Adelaide gas explosion

A gas oven has exploded at a home in Adelaide while three people were cooking dinner in the kitchen, blowing out ceilings and windows.

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade were called to the home at McLelland St in Davoren Park about 6pm on Saturday to reports of a car entering a home when they discovered the issue was the gas explosion.

It blew out the ceiling and window in the home's kitchen and lounge room.

Three people had been cooking at the time, with one suffering minor cuts and cuts, and the damage bill is estimated at up to $15,000.