New Zealand's government has suspended quarantine-free travel from Victoria after the discovery of new community cases this week.
On Tuesday afternoon, COVID-19 Minister Chris Hipkins said a three-day suspension would take effect from 8pm NZST on Tuesday.
"The government understands the disruption this will temporarily cause affected passengers. It was a close call but the correct one given the current unknowns," Mr Hipkins said.
"An epidemiological link has yet to be determined between these cases and there is currently no known link between people in the current outbreak and any of the exposure sites from Wollert."
As of 3:30pm AEST, nine community cases of the virus had been identified.
Victoria has instituted gathering caps and mandated further mask-wearing in light of the new cases - but it is yet to lockdown.
Anyone who has been at a location of interest has also been banned from travelling to New Zealand, irrespective of whether they have travelled interstate since then.
The suspension is the third pause since the creation of the trans-Tasman bubble last month.
Jacinda Ardern's government blocked travel from WA and NSW following the discovering of community cases in those states' capital cities.
On both occasions, the pause was lifted after three days.
While the decision only blocks travel from Victoria to NZ, the decision effectively pauses travel in both directions as airlines tend not to service the route.
The decision is unlikely to hurt Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison's trip to New Zealand on Sunday, though it could impact his itinerary.
Mr Morrison is due to attend a trans-Tasman Super Rugby match on Sunday with Ms Ardern featuring the Melbourne Rebels, though its now unlikely the side will be able to travel.
The NZ government has promised to "constantly review" the travel ban.