THE NSW BACK-TO-SCHOOL PLAN:
* October 5: Term four starts (all students online)
* October 25: Kindergarten and year one students return to classroom
* October 25: Year 12 students undertaking HSC exams can study on campus
* November 1: Year two, six and 11 students return to classroom
* November 8: All other year groups return to classroom
* November 9: HSC exams begin
* September 6: All school and childcare staff are eligible for priority vaccination
* November 8: All school staff in NSW must be vaccinated
* If stay-at-home orders are lifted in some NSW local government areas before October 25, all students in those areas can return to school.
* Return-to-school plans for students who live or study in the 12 local government areas of concern in western and southwest Sydney remain unconfirmed.
* Schools will operate with reduced activities and mask wearing is compulsory for teachers and high school students, and is encouraged for primary students. Break times will be staggered and group cohorts will be separated.
* School students aged 12 and over will be eligible for priority vaccination.
SOURCE: NSW DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION