More than 30 new health, education and transport and roads projects will be fast-tracked in NSW in the next two years, creating up to 20,000 estimated jobs.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the $3 billion Jobs and Infrastructure Acceleration Fund was part of the government's COVID-19 recovery plan.
It will include an accelerated $600 million in funding for projects covering health, education, transport and roads, creating thousands of jobs at a time when the state needs them most.
"We are committed to firing up the economy and are investing $3 billion to accelerate new and existing projects in priority sectors that will provide a path to employment for thousands of people in NSW, while assisting our economic recovery," Ms Berejiklian said on Tuesday.
"NSW has a $100 billion infrastructure pipeline and these projects will positively change the lives of people across the state."
Projects that will receive accelerated or additional funding over the next two years include:
* $60m Sydney Children's Hospital Network, Randwick
* $105m to start work on the $385m St George Hospital Integrated Ambulatory Care Precinct, Kogarah and deliver it two years earlier than planned
* $52m to start work on the $700m Shellharbour Hospital to be built on a greenfield site
* $100m TAFE NSW Asset Renewal Program
* More than $300m for schools including an upgrade of Carlingford West Public School
TRANSPORT, ROADS AND PRECINCTS
* $28.2m Mamre Road Stage 1 (M4 Motorway to Erskine Park Road)
* $90m Spring Farm Parkway Stage 1
* Initial $20m to start work on the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore precinct.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the NSW economy was the engine room of the nation with the investment being integral for the state and the country's resurgence.
"We are committed to keeping people in jobs and businesses and in business across the state, with around half of this investment targeted to the regions. Funding projects that will support 20,000 jobs is a huge win for NSW," Mr Perrottet said.
The full list of projects will be announced in coming months.