Queensland's chief health officer has urged NRL players to get the message when it comes to following COVID-19 protocols or face the season being shut down.
Several players and coaching staff are currently in periods of mandatory isolation after breaching the NRL's protocols in the past week.
COACH CLIPPED: Ivan Cleary fined $20k for 'deplorable' comments
‘TRUTH HURTS’: Partner's fury over Wayne Bennett virus breach
Brisbane enforcer Tevita Pangai Jr and two Newcastle players - reported to be young winger Starford To'a and uncapped playmaker Simi Sasagi - were the latest breaches to emerge on Sunday.
South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett and St George Illawarra forward Paul Vaughan are also in isolation after their breaches last week along with three members of the Broncos' coaching staff including Allan Langer.
Broncos coach Anthony Seibold entered a quarantine period though he opted to exit Brisbane's bubble temporarily to deal with a family matter after Friday's loss to South Sydney before returning from NSW.
Dr Jeanette Young said while NRL officials were doing all they could to adhere to biosecurity protocols, players were putting the season's ongoing future in jeopardy.
"There have been a number of breaches that potentially put the season at risk," Dr Young told reporters.
"I'm satisfied that management are dealing with this very, very seriously. I'm not sure that players understand the seriousness."
Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said she was confident the NRL would do all it could to stamp out further breaches but it was disappointing the matter had to be addressed at all.
"Incredibly frustrating, because Queenslanders are doing the right thing and this puts at risk all the great work that Queenslanders have done," she said.
"Every code that's here in Queensland has signed up to an industry plan and must do the right thing."
Broncos legend slams star over virus breach
Brisbane legend Kevin Walters believes Tevita Pangai Jr has shown a lack of respect to his teammates and the embattled club with his COVID-19 protocol breach.
The second-rower has been stood down for 14 days and is under investigation after attending the opening of a Brisbane barber shop on Saturday.
Pangai Jr attended the event despite players being told they were effectively in quarantine under the NRL's biosecurity protocols after Friday's loss to South Sydney at ANZ Stadium.
Walters, a five-time premiership winner at the Broncos, says the 24-year-old's actions are infuriating.
"Tevita Pangai has taken it upon himself to not listen to those rules and put himself above the rules and above the team and above the club, which is extremely disappointing from my perspective and the game's perspective as well," Walters told the Big Sports Breakfast.
"We're all relying on these players to do the right thing ... when rugby league players and sports people, in particular, don't do the right thing it's just really upsetting and disappointing in every respect.
"I'm sure Tevita is waking up today in isolation and wondering how he ever came to that decision to go to the barber shop."
The Broncos are investigating the matter and may yet issue further punishment for Pangai Jr, with police attending the opening amid claims the business has bikie gang links.
There's no suggestion Pangai Jr has done anything illegal but it's a bad look for a club which has slumped to second-last on the ladder after 10 losses from their past 11 matches.