WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THE SHEEP EXPORT REVIEW FINDINGS:
* "The footage was disgraceful but what you don't need to do is predicate your decisions on emotions, not facts" - Agriculture Minister David Littleproud.
* "None of the changes that have been put into place will prevent sheep from suffering and dying this Middle Eastern summer" - RSPCA chief scientist Dr Bidda Jones.
* "From the farmers' perspective, we need to fix it, not ban it" - National Farmers Federation president Fiona Simson.
* "There can be little doubt that we will see another major incident on our television screens" - Labor agriculture spokesman Joel Fitzgibbon.
* "If it's not last chance, it's pretty close to" - WA-based federal Attorney-General Christian Porter.
* "This is all the proof we need that the government has no intentions of reining in the cruel live export trade" - Independent MP Andrew Wilkie.
* "The government's so-called solution to live sheep exports is short-sighted and short-term. A total ban within five years will happen" - Crossbench senator Derryn Hinch.
* "Instead of backing the science as promised, the Turnbull government is backing a compromised vet and a disgraced industry, effectively green-lighting its ability to inflict further suffering" - Animals Australia's Lyn White.
* "I would not really want to contemplate the consequences if there was a repeat of the August 17 incident going forward in the next summer period. I think, if not fatal, it would be a very, very severe handicap. Yes, we've really got to fix it up" - WAFarmers president Tony York.
* "Sometimes you pretend that you're acting in the interests of farmers but really in the long run your lack of action has been to their detriment" - WA Agriculture Minister Alannah MacTiernan.