* Home Affairs mega-department continues to merge agencies under its umbrella, including new counter-espionage unit
* 54 Naval ships planned for defence force in coming years
* $200 billion slated for defence capabilities over decade to reach two per cent of GDP by 2020/21
* $50 million seed funding for a new Australian Space Agency
* $70 million on a new Australian Centre to Counter Child Exploitation, based in Brisbane
* $65 million over four years for a national data commissioner to oversee access to government-held data.
* Government considering a $500 million upgrade to the Australian War Memorial.