A mum has issued a warning to other parents after her one-year-old picked up a disturbing and potentially dangerous item on a slide in a public playground.
She shared a photo of a pill she assumed was “some kind of drug” to a community Facebook group after her son collected it from the Railway Park playground in Byron Bay, NSW, on Friday.
“So lucky he didn’t swallow it,” the mum wrote in her post.
“Just wanted to let the mums and dads know to do a good check of any public area as you never who’s used it the night before.”
Other parents seemed equally as concerned over the worrying find.
“Scary that our kids can pick things like this up on a slide,” one mum said in a comment.
“Wow that’s bloody scary. Lucky you found it in time. Not what you expect your kid to find playing in a park. In a festival maybe but not a park. Big problem in Byron,” another woman wrote.
Many others expressed relief at the boy not consuming the pill.
“Thank you for keeping your eyes open and keeping kids safe,” one said.
“No matter what it is it can make them sick from a reaction and you don't know what it is. It's nice to see parents being responsible.”
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.