A popular toy has exploded in a family's home, causing a massive fire and a distressed mother to issue a stern warning.
Tamilisa Miner, from the US state of Utah, said the batteries in a second-hand hoverboard overheated and flames "started shooting out like fireworks" while it was on charge, local news station KSL reported.
The explosion happened at around 8.30am last Thursday, after Ms Miner's son had told her there was something wrong with the hoverboard.
She went over to see the toy "billowing" with smoke and told her kids to get out and call the authorities.
Ms Miner picked up an oven mitt and tried to move the hoverboard, but smoke was quickly filling the room.
The Miner family's security footage captured the horrifying moment her eight-year-old son ran in front of the hoverboard as it exploded.
Fortunately, the boy was not injured by the blast, but the batteries from the toy were flung across the room and started further fires.
At the time, Ms Miner's husband was upstairs with their toddler, but he quickly ran downstairs to help his wife put out the fires with fire extinguishers.
"I'm still in shock," Ms Miner told KSL.
"I mean, what if we had been asleep?"
She now has an urgent warning for others who have hoverboards.
"If you're not going to get rid of it, don't charge it out of your sight," Ms Miner said.
"Don't charge it at night. Don't charge it in your child's bedroom."
She's also advocating for everyone to have fire extinguishers in their home, saying the ones she had on hand saved their home and possibly their lives.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org