Girl, 6, unable to walk after campfire explosion leaves her with horrific burns

A mum has issued a heartbreaking warning after her little girl was hospitalised in the ICU with burns following an Easter camping trip.

The mum took to Facebook to urge people to check fire pits and clear them out before starting another fire.

The family had been camping at Pickering Brook in Perth’s east, 7News reported.

“We decided to go camping for the Easter weekend and we made a campfire and within 10-20 minutes the fire exploded,” she wrote on social media.

“It turns out someone before us had buried a gas cooking can underneath the fire wood still there.

A mum has warned people lighting up campfires to check the area before lighting up after a gas canister hidden under wood exploded burning her six-year-old daughter. Source: Facebook

“So we built a fire on the same fire pit and when it exploded my daughter copped the lot of it as well as our friend sitting next to her and we are now in the ICU burns unit with my baby girl who was just happily sitting on her chair near the fire enjoying her night.”

The mum added an “amazing night turned horribly wrong so quickly”.

“It is breaking my heart watching my baby go through this pain and having to be dosed up on morphine because she can’t handle the pain she is only six years old,” she wrote.

The claims her daughter can’t walk due to the burns.

“Who the hell would honestly be that sick and twisted to do something like that to purposely hurt someone let alone a child?” she wrote.

The girl was hospitalised at Perth Children’s Hospital in a stable condition.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, download the Yahoo News app from iTunes or Google Play and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.