Mum finds maggot inside Coles sausage while feeding daughter

A mother has made a horrific discovery in her sausage, moments after her daughter finished her food.

Brooke Gale shared photos to the Coles Facebook page explaining she spotted a maggot in her honey sausage that she had purchased from Coles.

“Absolutely disgusting,” she wrote. “A maggot found in my Coles honey sausages and my daughter ate a full sausage before I seen this in one of mine!”

Miss Gale told Yahoo News Australia she saw the maggot when she broke her own sausage in half.

“I had to look twice because I was like ‘oh wow what the hell’! My daughter had an upset belly all night.”

Coles responded to the post, asking Miss Gale to follow up, by sending a private message with the barcode number and batch details.

A Coles customer came across a maggot in her sausages, after her daughter already finished eating. Source: Facebook.

“We’re concerned to see your unpleasant discovery in out Honey Sausages as we have strict quality controls to ensure that this doesn’t occur,” Cole said on Facebook.

Miss Gale confirmed to Yahoo News Australia she contacted the Coles store where she purchased the sausages and got her money back.

Miss Gale also said she is willing to take this higher.

“I want to go higher though, to be sure it won’t happen to anyone else. It is absolutely disgusting and I have lost my appetite.”

In a statement to Yahoo News Australia, a Coles spokesperson said they take incidents such as this seriously.

“Coles takes the quality of all our products seriously,” the spokesperson said.

“As always we encourage customers to return any item they’re not 100% happy with to their nearest store for a full refund or replacement.”

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, download the Yahoo News app from iTunes or Google Play and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.