Mother's harrowing warning after daughter's pill death at festival

A grieving mother has shared harrowing details of her teenage daughter’s death after she took two pills at a music festival over the weekend.

Georgia Jones, 18, had a “45-minute fit” and was rushed to hospital after taking the pills at the Mutiny Festival in Hampshire, UK on Saturday.

Her devastated mum, Janine Milburn, took to Facebook to pay tribute to her “little girl” and said she hoped her death would stop others from making the same mistake.

“I can now say Georgia died yesterday due to complications after taking two pills at Mutiny,” Ms Milburn wrote.

Georgia Jones died on Saturday after taking two pills at a UK music festival. Source: Facebook/Georgia Jones

“The pills … caused her temperature to rise so high it made her fit for 45 mins (sic).

“This then caused her muscle to break down and turn her blood acidic.

“Her heart was irregular and stopped numerous times and then her lungs filled with blood and fluid and I made the decision to turn everything off.

“If nothing else, I hope what has happened to her will deter you from taking anything ever.”

Ms Milburn said Ms Jones was “my little girl was… full of life”.

A 20-year-old man also died at the festival, while a further 13 were taken to Portsmouth Hospital to be treated.

Fifteen people were transported to hospital from the festival on Saturday. Source: Instagram/Luke Jackson

Mutiny Festival organisers warned festival–goers they were “aware of a dangerous high-strength or bad batch substance on site” and no drugs should be taken.

Following their deaths, event organisers decided not to reopen the following day.

“The safety of our amazing customers has always been paramount to us and so to keep everyone safe and in respect to those who have passed, we have taken the decision not to open today,” they said in a statement on Facebook.

“As you can imagine, this decision was not taken lightly and was taken with the support of the local statutory authorities who we continue to work with.

“Enquiries are being made into the circumstances of what has happened, but we must reiterate our advice to all our customers to responsibly dispose of any substances.”

Her devastated mum, Janine Milburn, took to Facebook to pay tribute to her “little girl”. Source: Facebook