Two members of a Melbourne family have tested positive for Covid after returning from NSW on red zone permits.
The state's Covid Commander Jeroen Weimar said three of the family of four from the City of Hume arrived on July 4 by air and the other returned by car on July 8.
They all initially tested negative but two became symptomatic and were tested on Sunday, with the results coming back positive on Monday.
Contact tracers are also on high alert after at least one member of a three-man removalist crew who travelled through Victoria and SA from NSW tested positive to the virus.
Another family from Whittlesea in Melbourne's north who had contact with the Covid-infected removalist has so far tested negative.
They relocated to Victoria from interstate and tested negative on July 9.
Mr Weimar said the family remain in isolation and will be tested again on Monday.
Contact tracers are working to establish the removalist's movements, though it is believed he travelled from Sydney to Melbourne via the Hume Highway and worked at several homes in the city before travelling to SA.
NSW Health alerted Victoria's authorities late on Sunday night.
Mr Weimar said another of the three removalist crew members may have also tested positive.
Removalists are permitted workers under the state's border permit system.
It comes after Victoria recorded its 12th day of no locally acquired cases and the state effectively shut the border to NSW and the ACT overnight, declaring them red zones under the travel permit system from 11.59pm on Sunday.
NSW reported 112 new local cases on Monday, its highest daily total since the Bondi cluster emerged on June 16.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.