A Melbourne father of two has died after being electrocuted while working on a home in the city’s east.
Jarrod Fox “lived and worked for his two young sons”. The 37-year-old had recently welcomed baby Archer to his family just five weeks ago.
Mr Fox’s family have described him as a “gentle and kind honest dad, happy and content soul, son and brother”.
The self-employed electrician was working underneath a home at Croydon when it is believed he was electrocuted. Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene at 3.30pm on Tuesday.
“The tragedy has shocked all who knew Jarrod and his family,” Mr Fox’s sister Erin wrote on a GoFundMe page set up to help his family.
Mr Fox leaves behind his fiancée, Charmaine, two-year-old son Jasper and baby Archer.
“All money raised will be placed into a family trust for his gorgeous sons. Any donation in kind will be cherished in his memory,” the GoFundMe page reads.
At the time of publication, the page had raised more than $110,000 of its $150,000 goal.
“We were all numb in disbelief to hear of Jarrod's passing this week. We were fortunate enough to work with and know Jarrod over several years and in that time Jarrod made a lasting impression and strong friendships – such was the man,” a construction company that donated thousands of dollars to the fundraiser said.
“A more decent guy, you will not meet.”
Another person wrote: “Such tragic news for a young family. We are about to have a baby and I can’t imagine my husband not here with us. Thinking of those sweet boys and partner.”
“You were always the friendliest person. So sad to see you go,” a primary school friend wrote.
One donation appeared to come from Construction, Forestry, Maritime, Mining and Energy Union secretary John Setka.
“RIP mate,” he wrote.
WorkSafe Victoria is investigating Mr Fox’s death.
His death brings the number of workplace fatalities this year to 47, which is three more than at the same time last year.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.