Meghan Markle’s father is heading back to hospital after “experiencing serious chest pains”, TMZ reports.
Following reports that Thomas Markle has decided he will not be attend the Royal wedding in London on Saturday, TMZ says the future father-in-law of Prince Harry was now headed back to hospital after experiencing further chest pains.
Mr Markle, who suffered a heart attack six days ago, announced that he would not attend the wedding after stirring controversy with staged paparazzi photos, which first made headlines over the weekend.
A spokesman from Kensington Palace said in a statement: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding”.
“She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation.”
Markle had been due to walk his daughter down the aisle at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle, the queen’s home to the west of London, at a ceremony which will be attended by Britain’s royals and celebrities, and in the glare of the world’s media.
He had also been expected to meet the queen, her husband and the other senior members of the Windsor family this week.
However, Britain’s Mail on Sunday reported that Markle had agreed to stage pictures with a photographer ahead of his trip and the images had been sold to media for more than $100,000.
TMZ said it had spoken to Markle and that he had said a paparazzi agency had approached him and offered him money, although the sum was not close to the reported figure.
He said he had agreed to the pictures because he hoped they would improve his image as previous paparazzi snaps had shown him buying beer and looking dishevelled, TMZ said.