Just weeks after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they were stepping down as senior members of the royal family, it’s now been revealed the couple have slashed their UK staff force.
According to the Daily Mail, 15 of the Sussexes workers are now seeking redundancy payment, after the royal duo’s Buckingham Palace office was closed down.
“Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed, a source told the publication.
“While the details are still being finalised and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the royal household, unfortunately there will be some redundancies.”
The news comes after it was reported that the Queen has ordered Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to come back to London for the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey on March 9.
If Meghan and Harry do return, it’ll likely be one of their last official royal engagements before stepping back to become ‘financially independent’.
Last month, royal fans were left stunned when the royal couple, who married in May 2018, decided to quit the royal family and move to Canada.
Harry and Meghan step back
"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," Queen Elizabeth said in a statement issued by the palace, referring to the couple's baby son.
"I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life."
The queen said she was "particularly proud" of how quickly Meghan had become one of the family.
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org