Mayweather's Australia visa denied over family violence
Floyd Mayweather's two-day Australian tour has apparently collapsed after he was blocked from entering the country due to his family violence convictions.
The 37-year-old American has a criminal record, which includes serving two months in jail in 2012, after pleading guilty to an assault on his former partner in front of their children.
Undefeated professional and multi-division world champion Mayweather was originally booked for dinner and nightclub appearances in Sydney and Melbourne on January 29 and 30 respectively.
They were then deferred to February 5 and 6.
However, a media release from tour organiser Max Markson issued on Wednesday said the dates had been postponed and new ones would be announced as soon as his visa is issued.
Markson said there will be an appeal.
In 2012, Mike Tyson sparked controversy when he was granted a visa for his motivational speaking tour, despite a rape conviction.
Mayweather presently holds welterweight and super welterweight world titles and has won a stack of world champion belts earned across five weight divisions from super featherweight to super welterweight.
Mayweather attends a news conference at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. Photo: Getty
He has accumulated a record of 47-0 with 26 KOs since making his professional debut in 1996.
Among the titles he currently holds is the WBC super welterweight belt, with potential opponent, Australian Anthony Mundine, holding the WBC Silver title in the same division.
Mayweather is also rumoured to be in the final stages of negotiations for a long-awaited super-fight with Filipino champion Manny Pacquiao, the fight hopefully to take place in May or June this year.
*If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, find help by visiting White Ribbon or calling 1800 RESPECT 1800737732.
*You can also find support at MensLine or by phoning 1300789978.