The posts in question, appeared on bodybuilding.com forums in 2014, reports Daily Mail Australia. Within these posts, Reynold, who had not yet appeared on ‘MasterChef’ in 2015, suggested gay people be “captured and put on an island”.
“I would like to offer my sincere and deepest apologies for the comments that I made in 2014. I am ashamed of these comments and I regret them immensely,” Reynold said in a statement issued to HuffPost Australia by Channel 10.
“At the time these comments were made, I was a very immature, close-minded and insular 20-year-old. I have grown and matured a lot in the last six years. I am not the person I was back then.
“I have many friends and colleagues that are part of the LGBTIQ+ community. I wholeheartedly support them and care deeply for them. I am truly sorry and apologise for any offence or hurt they caused.”
In screenshots published by Daily Mail, it appears Reynold commented under a thread titled, ‘First gay couple featured on the Disney Channel. Do you agree with them?’.
“I wish the world made a united decision where they will capture all gay people and put them on a remote island full of gays, that way straight ppl (people) will be happy and the freaks can go on and f** themselves,” he wrote.
- MasterChef's Reynold And Girlfriend's Instagram Influencer Status
- 'I Just Can't See How Reynold Can't Win' Says MasterChef Star
- MasterChef's Reynold Says Solo Spin-Off Show Would Be 'Fun'
- See Reynold's Brother As A Judge On MasterChef Indonesia
- Why MasterChef's Reynold Has Reopened Restaurants Amid Covid-19 Restrictions ...