Kyle Clifford: Manhunt under way after murders of wife and two daughters of racing commentator John Hunt

A manhunt is under way for a triple murder suspect after the wife and two daughters of a Sky and BBC racing commentator were killed in a crossbow attack.

Carol Hunt, who was married to racing commentator John Hunt, and two of their daughters Louise and Hannah died at their home in Bushey, Hertfordshire, on Tuesday evening.

Police have said they were murdered in a "targeted incident" as they urged the suspect, 26-year-old Kyle Clifford, to turn himself in.

"Kyle, if you're seeing or hearing this, please make contact with the police," Chief Superintendent Jon Simpson said.

Follow live: Murdered women were alive when ambulances arrived

Mr Simpson said the "horrific incident" is believed to have involved a crossbow "but other weapons may also have been used".

Emergency crews were sent to a property in Ashlyn Close, Bushey, just before 7pm on Tuesday.

They found the three women - aged 25, 28, and 61 - with serious injuries and they died a short time later at the scene.

Mr Hunt works for Sky Sports Racing and BBC 5 Live.

In a statement Sky Sports Racing said: "Everyone at Sky Sports Racing is deeply saddened by the tragic deaths in Hertfordshire and our thoughts are with our colleague John Hunt, his family and friends at this awful time."

A note sent to BBC 5 Live staff described the news as "utterly devastating". It read: "Our thoughts are with John and his family at this incredibly difficult time and we will provide him with all the support we can."

Read more: What we know about triple murder suspect

Public urged not to approach suspect

Hertfordshire Police said it was investigating the triple murder and "actively seeking" Clifford, who is from Enfield, north London.

The public has been urged not to approach him and to report any sightings to the police immediately.

It is understood he used to work as a private security guard.

Read more: What we know about the triple murder suspect

Police raid north London address

Armed officers swarmed an address in Rendlesham Road, Enfield, on Wednesday morning, according to neighbours.

Two officers stood outside the property at 1.30pm after a cordon was removed.

One neighbour said he saw around a dozen police officers searching a house.

He said: "It was quite the shock seeing all the guns and dogs, the road went from quiet to manic out of nowhere.

"They were shouting 'armed police' and pointing their guns so it was clearly quite a serious matter.

"I don't really know who lives there, I've never seen the guy the police are after."

Another neighbour said helicopters had been "flying around the area all day" as police hunt for the suspect.

Armed officers and a specialist search dog have also been seen searching a cemetery near to Rendlesham Road this afternoon.

Enfield Council has said police have told them there is "no perceived threat" in the area and the "guidance is to carry on as normal".

Suspect 'may still be in possession of a weapon'

Detective Superintendent Rob Hall said: "This is an incredibly difficult incident for the victims' family and we would ask that their privacy is respected as they come to terms with what has happened."

Mr Hall added: "Whilst we are still in the early stages of this investigation, we are actively seeking Kyle Clifford who we believe could be in the areas of Hertfordshire or North London."

A spokesperson for East of England Ambulance Service said a hazardous area response team and air ambulance crews were sent to the scene of the murders.

"Sadly, despite the team's best efforts, three women were pronounced dead at the scene," a spokesperson said.

A Home Office spokesperson has said Home Secretary Yvette Cooper is "being kept updated" by police about the case.

The spokesperson added: "We keep legislation under constant review and a call for evidence was launched earlier this year to look at whether further controls on crossbows should be introduced.

"The home secretary will swiftly consider the findings to see if laws need to be tightened further."

Ms Cooper posted on X earlier: "The loss of three women's lives in Bushey last night is truly shocking. My thoughts are with the family and friends of those who have been killed and with the community."

Read more from Sky News:
Two children from same primary school die
Bus passenger stabbed after row over feet on seats

'Tragic' and 'shocking' deaths

Screams were heard from the house in Ashlyn Close where the three women died before "absolute chaos" broke out as armed police put the road in lockdown, a neighbour said.

The woman in her 40s, who did not wish to be named, said she heard "somebody screaming, and then it was more shrill".

"I was like, 'that's definitely a woman screaming', and within 15 minutes, it was absolute chaos," she added.

One man said: "It was like an explosion in the street of police cars and ambulances and officers."

Derek Turner told Sky News around 10 police cars pulled up outside the house at 7pm and he knew it was "very serious".

"We didn't know what was going on... we didn't have a clue. Suddenly, there were police outside in black uniforms with sort of semi-automatic guns walking around," he added.

"Initially, I thought it might be terrorists or something. It's been a bit of a shock because it's a really residential area."

People who live near Ashlyn Close have started to lay flowers by the police cordon there - with some of them tearful as they approached the scene.