A Sydney man has made a sickening discovery in his Mexican food, posting a photo on social media of the stomach turning find on Saturday afternoon.
The man posted an image of a chicken burrito bowl from popular food chain, Guzman y Gomez, with what appears to be a slug inside.
“No! We literally just pulled a DEAD SLUG out of burrito bowl,” the man posted on Facebook group ‘Newtown 2042’ on Saturday afternoon.
“Slugs are toxic!”
The man said that he purchased the burrito bowl at a Newtown branch of Guzman y Gomez.
Staff from the inner west Sydney branch declined to comment to Yahoo7 about whether the man returned and showed them the slug in his burrito.
The Guzman y Gomez head office sent an official response when approached by Yahoo7 about the allegations, saying they would be investigated.
“An allegation that a foreign object has been found in our food is highly concerning,” a spokesperson for Guzman y Gomez said.
“We are treating this with utmost seriousness and will be conducting a thorough investigation.
“There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our guests.
“At GYG, we have strict processes in place across all of our restaurants to ensure we adhere to the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.”