Man found dead in tent in northwest NSW


A man has been found dead in a tent in northwest NSW, with police investigating whether carbon monoxide poisoning from a gas heater is to blame.

Emergency services were called at about 8.45am on Wednesday to a camping area in Narrabri where the 54-year-old man was found deceased.

Police say they are investigating all lines of inquiry, including the possibility the man died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a small bottled gas butane heater in the single-person tent.