Man dies after being stung by a bee in Victoria

A man has died after being stung by a bee in western Victoria.

The man, who is yet to be identified, is understood to have been working at a property on Trewin Street in the Ballarat suburb of Wendouree when he was stung.

An Ambulance Victoria spokesperson said paramedics were called to the location about 2.30pm on Wednesday.

A man in Victoria has died after being stung by a bee. Source: File/Getty
A man in Victoria has died after being stung by a bee. Source: File/Getty

Police will prepare a report for the coroner and WorkSafe are assisting police with their investigation.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting