A Northern Territory man is in a critical condition after an explosion at a Darwin apartment complex following a suspected gas leak.
The 52-year-old man suffered serious burn injuries from a blast at the home unit in Parap about 2.45am, police said on Wednesday.
Paramedics took the man to Royal Darwin Hospital.
The room where the explosion happened was extensively damaged, a spokeswoman said.
House debris littered the car park below.
A gas leak is suspected to be the cause.
A crime scene has been established while police and fire investigators examine the site.