Man and woman found dead in Queensland home

·News Editor
·2-min read

A man and woman have been found dead in confronting scenes inside a home in Brisbane’s south, after what police have described as a "frenzied attack".

Police were called to a home in Coolidge Court in Stretton at about 9.40am on Monday, where they were met by a 47-year-old man who is now in police custody.

Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said the victims were a woman in her 40s and man in his early 20s.

The man who opened the front door "was seen to be suffering some injuries to his arms and legs", Supt Massingham said.

Police have established a crime scene at the house in Stretton.
Police have established a crime scene at the house in Stretton. Source: 7News

"Police then ascended the internal staircase, and noticed a large amount of blood on the staircase.

"Immediately upon arrival on the second level of the premises they've identified the location of two bodies.

“The scene was confronting and has been described as a frenzied attack on the two deceased persons."

After discovering the bodies, police recovered two bladed weapons that are believed to have been used in the alleged attack.

Det Supt Massingham said the scene was "traumatic" with "a large amount of blood" present in the home.

Police are not revealing what type of bladed weapons were seized.

The 47-year-old man remains in hospital where he is receiving treatment for his injuries but will be required to provide forensic samples to police.

Police confirmed that the man was the one who made the Triple-0 call, but an interpreter had to be used as the man was speaking Cantonese.

Detectives and forensic officers remain at the home.

Dogs were ‘going crazy’ during the night

One man said he could hear a dog “going crazy” near the victims’ house, which he said was unusual in the normally quiet street.

“In the morning it was very quiet until the police got here, the only thing we could recall was a dog barking and going crazy last night before the other dogs on the street started barking too,” he told the Courier Mail.

“I have never heard any real noise or anything from that end of the street, it’s usually very quiet so it’s very scary and shocking.”

Another neighbour identified only as "John" told the ABC the residents of the house were “quiet people”.

"They kept to themselves, if they were going up the street you'd just wave, say hi and that was about it," he said.

Police have doorknocked the street for information, but anyone with any knowledge of the event or dashcam or CCTV footage around the street is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Do you have a story tip? Email:

You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play.