“Listen up dipshits and sensible people,” wrote Mayor Gabe Brown of Walton. “I might not put you at ease like the governor does, but I don’t care. You need to realize that this is a serious ordeal. In fact, it’s a big f**cking deal. Stay at home.”
He warned people skeptical of the virus threat to treat it seriously because lives are on the line.
“If you ignore this problem, the worst thing that could happen is that your mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles could die,” he warned. “Be responsible. If you don’t, then screw you.”
In a separate post on his Facebook page, Brown linked to a story about hundreds of people gathering on the streets of Louisville, about 80 miles away, in defiance of social distancing guidelines.
“Dipshits,” he wrote.
At least one person got sick at one of those parties, Beshear said.
Read Brown’s full message below:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Trump rejects New York’s desperate plea for ventilators
- What you need to know about at-home coronavirus test kits
- How to file for unemployment if you’ve been laid off
- Avoiding going to the store? Here’s how to order groceries online.
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- How to get the most out of the weekend despite coronavirus
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.