Out of police custody and soon to be out of contract, NRL player Tristan Sailor must return to court in December charged with aggravated sexual assault.
The 22-year-old faced Wollongong Local Court on Sunday after being held in cells overnight.
The St George Illawarra player is the son of former Wallabies and Kangaroos star Wendell Sailor, and was charged on Saturday after an alleged offence last weekend involving a 24-year-old woman.
Lawyer Richard Pontello SC confirmed to AAP that his client Sailor was granted conditional bail on Sunday and his case had been adjourned until December 3.
Sailor, whose contract with the Dragons officially ends on October 31, offered repeated "no comment" as he left court on Sunday, accompanied by mother Tara and collected by dad Wendell.
Police have provided some detail of the October 3 allegations.
"Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney's south," the force said in a statement.
The NRL have stood down Sailor under their no-fault policy.
It means even if he attracts the interest of another club, he won't be able to return to the field until his court case is complete.
"The game has the strongest stance in Australian sport on these matters," chief executive Andrew Abdo said.
"The player is not contracted to play in the NRL next season and will not be permitted to play while he remains subject to serious criminal charges."
The Dragons didn't make the 2020 season finals and the club has offered support to Sailor despite his impending contract expiry.
"While Tristan won't be at the Dragons in 2021, the club will continue to provide any necessary welfare support as he comes to terms with the matter," a club statement read.
Sailor has had five games at the Dragons since making his debut in late 2019 before being told last month he would not be re-signed.
His arrest comes at a chaotic time for the NRL.
Parramatta centre Michael Jennings was on Saturday stood down for returning a positive test to performance-enhancing drugs. He denies the allegations.
Dragons player Jack de Belin is also set to defend aggravated sexual assault charges in court over coming weeks.