What's been said about gangland snitch Nicola Gobbo and her informing for Victoria Police:
HIGH COURT OF AUSTRALIA
* "(Nicola Gobbo's) actions in purporting to act as counsel for the convicted persons who covertly informing against them were fundamental and appalling breaches of (her) obligations as counsel to her clients and of (her) duties to the court."
* "Likewise, Victoria Police were guilty of reprehensible conduct in knowingly encouraging (Ms Gobbo) to do as she did and were involved in sanctioning atrocious breaches of the sworn duty of every police officer to discharge all duties imposed on them faithfully and according to law without fear or affection, malice or ill will."
MURRAY KELLAM, IBAC
* "The plain fact is that some of the conduct ... would, if exposed, be likely to bring the police force into disrepute and diminish public confidence in it."
LAWYER X NICOLA GOBBO
* "I would say, basically 'if you people don't know what you're doing I'll end up dead and there will be a royal commission'."
* "Was I accumulating information and, on one level, trying to impress people? Yes I was."
* "My privacy has been invaded comprehensively but the picture that has been painted of me is far from the truth in many respects."
FORMER VICTORIA POLICE CHIEF COMMISSIONER GRAHAM ASHTON
* "This human source comes on board that could potentially solve a bunch of ... murders or prevent others ... and this glittering prize ... sometimes diverts you from the necessary sense of steps."
FORMER VICTORIA POLICE HANDLER "SANDY WHITE"
* "I was greatly surprised to hear our behaviour described as atrocious and reprehensible and I think probably on the facts the High Court were given, they were more than entitled to come to that conclusion. But I think the High Court weren't provided all the facts and ultimately made a decision with a lack of information."
LAWYER COLIN LOVITT
* "As a former friend of Ms Gobbo, I am so bloody disappointed in her. Breaks my heart, actually."