* Victoria recorded 114 new COVID-19 cases and 11 deaths on Sunday.
* It took the state's death toll from the virus to 524 and the national figure to 611.
* Of the fatalities, 382 are linked to aged care.
* Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews says the state's daily coronavirus cases remain too high for him to release a road map out of lockdown.
* The premier said new case numbers would "explode" if restrictions were eased now.
* Federal Treasurer Josh Frydenberg had another crack at Mr Andrews' over his handling of the state's second wave COVID-19 outbreak.
* Mr Frydenberg accused the premier of overreaching as he seeks a 12-month extension of his government's state of emergency powers.
* In NSW, seven new cases were recorded including five more linked to a COVID-19 cluster in a Sydney city gym, which had swelled to 28 as of Sunday.
* Five of the seven cases are linked to the fitness hotspot including a close contact of a prior diagnosed member.
* NSW Health later issued an urgent public health warning for a Sydney bus route, popular gym and pub while announcing an early learning centre had been closed after a staff member tested positive.
* Queensland reported another four infections linked to a correctional services training academy in the state's southeast.
* Western Australia recorded no new coronavirus cases but authorities are set to come down hard on a man who skipped quarantine for a drink at a pub after flying in from Queensland.
* South Australia also extended its run without a new COVID-19 infection to seven days, despite a returned traveller recording a positive test in hotel quarantine.
* August 2 to September 13 - stage four lockdown for Melbourne, including a nightly curfew, and stage three lockdown for regional Victoria.
* September 11 - NSW government to temporarily waive the hotel quarantine fee for NSW residents returning from Victoria.
* September 13 - Victoria's state of emergency due to end unless a bid to extend the state of emergency for 12 months passes parliament.
* October 26 - Tasmania's state of emergency is due to expire.
* November - Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry report due.
* December 1 - Tasmania's borders will remain shut until at least the last month of 2020.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were 125 new cases in Australia - 114 in Victoria, seven in NSW and four in Queensland. There were 11 more deaths in Victoria.
* The national death toll as of Friday is 611: Victoria 524, NSW 54, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 25,015,000
* Deaths: at least 842,000
* Recovered: at least 16,415,000
Data current as of 1715 AEST August 30, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.