* Victoria registered 94 new cases of the coronavirus on Saturday. It's the sixth consecutive day the number has been below 150 and is the lowest figure since July 5. However, the state recorded another 18 fatalities.
* Premier Daniel Andrews says the drop in cases is proof strict lockdown restrictions are working.
* Australia reached the grim milestone of 600 total deaths.
* Victorian upper house MP Fiona Patten says she can get the support to make a deal with the government for a sixth-month extension of the state of emergency.
* Gym-goers at the City Tattersalls Club Sydney CBD have again been exposed, after three people who caught it from the initial outbreak attended the facility while infectious.
* Sydney pub, the Phoenix Hotel in Woollahra, has copped a $10,000 fine for breaching COVID-safe regulations three times.
* Queensland has recorded another four cases linked to a correctional service training academy in the state's southeast, taking the corrective services cluster to 19.
* Australia has now clocked up over six million tests.
* Patrons at a Perth bar do not need to isolate or get tested after an interstate traveller who skipped hotel quarantine tested negative. But the West Australian who flew into Perth from Queensland will face court for failing to obey health directions.
* Queensland Health Minister Steven Miles has rejected claims the state denied a northern NSW woman healthcare, resulting in the death of an unborn twin.
* Three people who tried to flee over a back fence have been caught by police visiting a friend's place to watch the footy over a few beers in breach of Victoria's curfew.
* August 2 to September 13 - stage four lockdown for Melbourne, including a nightly curfew, and stage three lockdown for regional Victoria.
* September 11 - NSW government to temporarily waive the hotel quarantine fee for NSW residents returning from Victoria.
* September 13 - Victoria's state of emergency due to end unless a bid to extend the state of emergency for 12 months passes parliament.
* October 26 - Tasmania's state of emergency is due to expire.
* November - Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry report due.
* December 1 - Tasmania's borders will remain shut until at least the last month of 2020.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were 112 new cases in Australia - 94 in Victoria, 14 in NSW and 4 in Queensland. There were 18 more deaths in Victoria.
* The national death toll as of Friday is 600 : Victoria 513, NSW 54, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 24,932,611
* Deaths: at least 841,786
* Recovered: at least 17,312,575
Data current as of 1845 AEST August 29, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.