* Australia has 18 new and 469 active coronavirus cases. Victoria recorded 16 new cases on Monday, increasing its active cases to 127, including two people in intensive care, after six straight days of double-digit growth.
* Victoria has re-tightened restrictions to five for home visits and 10 for gatherings after a spike in community infections.
* Results from the clinical trials of several virus vaccines should be known by late July.
* Western Australia was to open its borders on August 8 but Victoria's spike has forced it to scrap the date
* Virgin Australia's administrators will pick the airliners new owners by June 30 after Bain Capital and Cyrus Capital Partners made final offers on Monday.
* From Saturday, 30,000 people can attend games at WA stadiums with full capacity flagged from July 18. Negotiations are ongoing for an AFL hub in Perth.
* The AFL has banned full-contact training of more than nine players after Essendon's Conor McKenna tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend.
* The Melbourne Storm will play their NRL home game in Sydney on Friday due to Victoria's spike in cases..
EASING OF RESTRICTIONS
* The national cabinet has a three-phase plan to ease restrictions in the coming weeks and months. It's up to states and territories to determine when to ease them.
* JUNE 22 - Gyms, cinemas, indoor sports centres and concert venues to reopen in Victoria but restricted to 20 people. The ski season will officially start in NSW and Victoria. In SA, the Adelaide Zoo will reopen. Tasmania eases restrictions on nursing homes
* JUNE 27 - WA to lift all gathering and venue patron limits but a two square metre rule will remain.
* JUNE 29 - SA to move to stage three of lifting virus restrictions
* JULY 1 - NSW resumes community sport and will scrap a 50-person cap on indoor venues. Nationally, sporting venues with 40,000 seats will be allowed up to 25 per cent capacity
* JULY 10 - Queensland to reopen borders dependent on case numbers
* JULY 12 - Victoria to ease limits from 20 to 50 people at restaurants, cafes and pubs
* JULY 17 - NT to reopen its borders
* July 18 - WA to lift all remaining virus restrictions except border closures.
* JULY 20 - SA to open its borders to NSW, VIC and the ACT.
* Late July - Tasmania likely to open its borders
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Australia has recorded 7474 cases with 469 still active and no cases in SA, Tasmania, ACT or the NT.
* The national death toll is 102: NSW 50, Victoria 19, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Qld residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 9,052,958
* Deaths: at least 470,844
* Recovered: at least 4,842,306
Data current as of 1930 AEST June 22, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, the Johns Hopkins virus tracker and Worldometer.