* Victoria announced 11 new coronavirus deaths, with 10 of those linked to aged care outbreaks. There have now been 748 deaths across the country.
* Victoria recorded 76 cases on Saturday, down slightly from 81 the day before.
* Police clashed with anti-lockdown protesters in Melbourne, arresting 17 people and fining more than 160 over a rally that started at the Shrine of Remembrance.
* Premier Daniel Andrews revealed the state's "roadmap" out of lockdown, due to be unveiled on Sunday, was still a work in progress.
* NSW recorded five new cases, including four linked to the City Tattersalls Club gym cluster, which now numbers 61.
* Fourteen people were arrested and 81 issued with infringement notices at anti-restriction protests held across NSW, including in Sydney and Byron Bay.
* Queensland recorded one new case, a woman in her 60s on Russell Island in the state's southeast.
* Her case is linked to the Brisbane youth detention centre cluster and she may have taken the local ferry several times while infectious, authorities say.
* South Australia recorded its first new case in 12 days, a young Victorian woman who flew into Adelaide from Melbourne trying to transit to Alice Springs without correct permission.
* She tested positive late on Friday in hotel quarantine but authorities believe she had no close contacts.
* Wastewater testing at two South Australian sewage facilities has found traces of the virus but authorities say it does not mean community transmission and further testing will be undertaken.
* Richmond player Sydney Stack has apologised for letting down the AFL, his club and family after being banned for 10 games for breaking coronavirus protocols on the Gold Coast along with teammate Callum Coleman-Jones.
* August 2 to September 13 - stage four lockdown for Melbourne, including a nightly curfew, and stage three lockdown for regional Victoria.
* September 6 - Victoria expected to unveil its "road map" out of restrictions.
* October 26 - Tasmania's state of emergency is due to expire.
* November - Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry report due.
* December 1 - Tasmania's borders will remain shut until at least the last month of 2020.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were 83 new cases in Australia - 76 in Victoria, five in NSW, one in Queensland and one in South Australia. Victoria reported an additional 11 deaths, 10 of those linked to aged care outbreaks.
* The national death toll as of Thursday is 748: Victoria 661, NSW 54, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 26,809,292
* Deaths: at least 879,187
* Recovered: at least 18,916,626
Data current as of 1800 AEST September 5, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.