* Another seven Victorians have died, bringing the national death toll to 208.
* Victoria announced 671 new cases on Sunday.
* Other new cases are 12 in NSW, two in South Australia, one in Queensland and one in WA.
* Among the latest fatalities are three women in their 70s, two women in their 80s, one man in his 90s and one woman in her 90s.
* Tough new restrictions imposed across Melbourne from Sunday evening include allowing only one person per household to shop and only one to exercise for an hour a day. Both activities must be within a 5km radius.
* There will also be an 8pm-5am curfew over the next six weeks.
* Anyone caught in breach of the regulations will be handed a $1,652 on-the-spot fine.
* The Thai Rock Wetherill Park cluster in western Sydney is nearing 100 cases, while the cluster in Potts Point in the city's east has reached 24 and the west-suburban funeral events cluster sits at 33.
* Liquor and Gaming NSW fined Sydney's Watsons Bay Hotel $5000 after finding patrons drinking while standing and poorly-spaced poker machines. It's the 15th NSW venue to be fined in the past three weeks.
* Queensland's latest case is a young consular staff member returned from overseas, WA's, similarly, a newly-arrived traveller.
* One of South Australia's cases involved a woman in her 20s who was at a school while likely infectious.
* Stage three restrictions also apply in regional Victoria, with people only allowed out to shop for food and essential items, provide care and caregiving, and for exercise, work and study.
* A dozen NBL players have now tested positive for COVID-19 after Melbourne United's Mitch McCarron and Jo Lual-Acui tested positive last week.
* Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn from the US Open because of coronavirus concerns in a huge blow to the New York grand slam.
* July 2 to September 13 - stage four lockdown for Melbourne including a nightly curfew and stage three lockdown for regional Victoria.
* August 3 - Face masks will be mandatory for all Victorians.
* August 7 - Tasmania will allow travellers from South Australia, Western Australia and the Northern Territory. A decision will also be made on including NSW, Queensland and ACT.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Australia's total number of active cases is 7206.
* The national death toll as of Sunday is 208: NSW 52, Victoria 123, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 17,850, 000
* Deaths: at least 685,000
* Recovered: at least 10,560,000.
Data current as of 1815 AEST August 1, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.