LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* NSW has recorded its highest daily case numbers since the first wave of the pandemic with 35 community cases linked to its current outbreak, which now numbers 261 cases.
* However with nearly two thirds of the new cases - 23 - in isolation for their entire infectious period, Premier Gladys Berejiklian is convinced there are "green shoots" of hope that Sydney's 14-day lockdown is working.
* Brisbane and Moreton Bay residents have avoided further lockdown time with stay-at-home orders lifted from 6pm Saturday.
* Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk thanked residents for their co-operation but stressed the state was "not out of the woods yet".
* The federal government's decision to halve international arrivals has prompted strong criticism, with Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese saying it is a direct result of the failure to install an appropriate quarantine system and rollout vaccines.
* Mr Albanese criticised Prime Minister Scott Morrison's poor planning, saying it was extraordinary that 18 months into the pandemic, Australia's vaccine rollout remained in its infancy.
* The looming drop in travellers has also raised concerns among industry groups with spokesman Innes Willox saying the limits on international arrivals amounted to "turning off the tap of critically needed skilled workers" and should to be removed at the earliest opportunity.
* Five people have been slapped with fines of almost $5000 for breaking quarantine rules after arriving in Victoria and being caught by ADF officers checking home isolation compliance.
* Interim restrictions will be enforced in Perth and the Peel district for a further 72 hours as Western Australia recorded a donut day for new cases.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 8,121,649 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Saturday, including +151,496 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 4,658,934 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of +79,630 in the previous 24 hours).
* 4,215,842 have been issued in primary care (+75,332) and 443,092 in aged and disability facilities (+4,298).
* 3,462,715 have been administered by the states and territories, including +71,866 in the previous 24 hours.
* 1,142,475 have been administered in Victoria (+21,240), 893,021 in NSW (+20,332), 603,208 in Queensland (+14,984 ), 311,488 in Western Australia (+5,787), 244,121 in South Australia (+5,147), 116,858 in Tasmania (+1,874), 88,346 in the ACT (+1,585) and 63,198 in the NT (+917).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 40 local cases in its tally for Saturday: 35 in NSW and five in Queensland.
* There were nine new overseas-acquired cases in hotel quarantine: five in NSW, three in Queensland and one in South Australia.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 183,089,842
* Deaths: at least 3,964,102
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 3,133,920,642
Data current as at 1830 AEST on July 3, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.