LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia reported another day of zero locally acquired cases and just three among returned travellers in NSW, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
* NSW, now in its 21st day of no local cases, has introduced a day-16 COVID-19 test for overseas travellers after they complete their 14-day quarantine as an additional precautionary measure.
* Sydney businesses were busted for not using the NSW government-mandated QR code app, more than a month after it became a legal requirement.
* South Australian Premier Steven Marshall, who reported no new virus cases, is considering adopting the day-16 test for returned travellers.
* Victoria's Health Minister Martin Foley said state health officials would encourage returned travellers departing hotel quarantine to take the extra test.
* There were no new cases in Victoria for a third straight day, but authorities there admit they may never get to the bottom of exactly how a hotel quarantine worker recently picked up the virus.
* More than 1100 people in Victoria are now in isolation as a result of the man's COVID-19 diagnosis and 72 per cent have returned negative test results.
* That includes 21 primary close contacts, up from 17, all of whom have tested negative.
* Almost all the close and casual contacts of a coronavirus case that sparked a five-day lockdown for parts of Western Australia have tested negative for the virus.
* WA authorities have identified 528 people linked in some way to the case of a security guard at a quarantine hotel who was out and about in Perth without knowing he was infectious. So far 522 have tested negative with just six waiting on test results.
* Deputy federal Labor leader Richard Marles believes there is a need to look at other quarantine options beyond Australia's major cities
* Therapeutic Goods Administration head John Skerritt says transparency during the vaccine rollout is critical, as the federal government announced certificates will be provided to those having the jab.
* Government Services Minister Stuart Robert said every Australian taking the vaccination will get a certificate should confirmation be needed for travelling or work.
* Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese assured tourism operators and their workers fearing the end of the JobKeeper wage subsidy that Labor is "on their side".
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* No new locally acquired cases were recorded in Australia on Sunday. Queensland, NSW and the Northern Territory all recorded one case among returned travellers in hotel quarantine.
* The national death toll is 909: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 105,764,000
* Deaths: at least 2,309,000
* Recovered: at least 58,874,000.
Data current as of 1830 AEDT on February 7, taking in federal and state/territory government updates, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.