* Victoria recorded 73 new cases of the coronavirus on Monday.
* Another 41 deaths were also announced, but only eight occurred in the past 24 hours. The remaining 33 were added to the tally after being reported late to the state's health department.
* The national coronavirus death toll now stands at 652.
* The Victorian government has announced its "reopening roadmap" will be unveiled on Sunday.
* Monday's new case increase in Victoria is the lowest since early July. However, Australia's deputy chief medical officer Nick Coatsworth is sceptical the state's figures will improve enough to end stage four restrictions on September 13. "It's hard to see that happening," Dr Coatsworth said.
* Nationally, 829 cases have been recorded over the last seven days compared to 1500 the week before.
* NSW recorded 10 new coronavirus cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday from more than 14,000 tests, with six of those travellers in hotel quarantine and four linked to the CBD cluster.
* Queensland recorded only one new case on Monday, with all of the state's 27 active cases connecting to the cluster at Queensland's Corrective Services Academy in Wacol and the Brisbane youth detention centre.
* The Queensland government has also announced it will set up a unit to deal with interstate residents who need specialist healthcare after copping sustained criticism from interstate and federal rivals.
* Figures due to be released on Wednesday are expected to show the Australian economy has shrunk by six per cent, the biggest hit since the late 1950s.
* South Australia has put its hand up to host the Australian Formula One Grand Prix should the event be moved from Melbourne because of COVID-19. SA is already waiting on a decision on its bid to host this year's AFL grand final.
* August 2 to September 13 - stage four lockdown for Melbourne, including a nightly curfew, and stage three lockdown for regional Victoria.
* September 11 - NSW government to temporarily waive the hotel quarantine fee for NSW residents returning from Victoria.
* September 13 - Victoria's state of emergency due to end unless a bid to extend the state of emergency for 12 months passes parliament.
* October 26 - Tasmania's state of emergency is due to expire.
* November - Victoria's hotel quarantine inquiry report due.
* December 1 - Tasmania's borders will remain shut until at least the last month of 2020.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* There were 84 new cases in Australia - 73 in Victoria, 10 in NSW and one in Queensland. There were 41 more deaths in Victoria, but only eight occurred in the past 24 hours.
* The national death toll as of Friday is 652: Victoria 565, NSW 54, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 6, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS
* Cases: at least 25,391,000
* Deaths: at least 850,000
* Recovered: at least 17,710,000
Data current as of 1800 AEST August 31, taking in federal government and state/territory government updates, Worldometer and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre.